Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Picture Frame is Worth a Thousand Words


As I've mentioned before, I am a picture fanatic. So I am always looking for neat new ways to showcase more and more of my beloved photos. Today's project is something I actually found on Pinterest (shocking!) and was, in fact, one of the first things I ever pinned!

I found the original tutorial here, and followed it almost exactly (except I used Gorilla glue instead of a hot glue gun). So far I've only done just the one frame, but I'll be moving in to a house in August (so incredibly excited!) and may have need for many more of these simple and chic little frames.

I used a cheap 8x10 frame from Walmart and primed it with spray paint.


I then spray painted it, along with a clip I got from the office supplies section at Walmart.


After that, I filled it with some of the damask scrapbook paper I had left over from my bookshelf project and replaced the glass.


I then used Gorilla glue to glue the clip to the glass. In hindsight, the glue gun is probably a better idea. The Gorilla glue was a little messy and I ended up having the clean the glass all around the clip. But it still turned out just fine in the end.


Finished! This particular picture happened to be the only 5x7 I had available, but I think I will ultimately end up using a color picture rather than a black and white one here. But that's the beauty of this frame.... it's so easy to change the pictures out whenever you want! No muss, no fuss, just a fresh way to add flare to your photos!


No comments: