Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Feature: A Few of My Favorite Things

I'm back again, paying tribute to some of my favorite finds this week. Enjoy!

1. Mason Jars

Now I'm no stranger to the mason jar movement by any means, but I have yet to make them a part of my DIY decorating. Truth be told, I was worried that the charming rustic feeling evoked by using them was a little too Southern Living to jive with my established decor. But I think this blog post may have made me a bit of a believer.
Photo Credit: Balancing Beauty & Bedlam
Having seen the light, I think I'm ready to embrace mason jars, if for no other reason than their versatility. And hey, who says I can't incorporate some country-inspired pieces in my home. I am, after all, a southern girl... and proud of it!

2. Scrabble Letters

Just for the record, I am a Scrabble beast. I absolutely love the game. So seeing all the fabulous ways the letters are being used in crafts and decorating is a real treat for this aficionado.

Photo Credit: photoxyz.com
Photo Credit: remodelaholic.com
Photo Credit: photoxyz.com
Pillows, picture frames, wall art, coasters--they are just so neat! And for future reference, check out these two cute ideas for using them in engagement photos...


3. Painted Glass

Until now, I had never heard of enamel paint. But boy am I psyched to try it out! From what I've gathered reading all these tutorials, the process is ridiculously simple, so long as you have the patience to wait for them to dry. This project is definitely on my to-do list for the near future.

Photo Credit: plumadorable.com
Photo Credit: houseandhome.com
Photo Credit: ohsolovelyblog.blogspot.co.uk
---

That's all I've got for you this week. I'm heading out of town this weekend.... but don't worry, I plan to do lots of intense research using the Pinterest app on my iPhone during the car ride tomorrow. Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments: