Monday, June 11, 2012

Mod Podge Monday

I'm posting something different today, a weekly series to keep things interesting and to keep myself to motivated to find new projects to try. I can be incredibly verbose when it comes to praising the wonders of Mod Podge. In my humble opinion, it reigns supreme at the apex of the hierarchy of craft supplies. Honestly don't know what I'd do without it. In view of its indispensability, I'm devoting my Mondays to crafts that showcase its fantastic functionality in all its glory.

Today I'm showing two quick little crafts that have been done for so long and are so exceedingly simple the tutorials could be found somewhere in Genesis of the crafting bible. Seriously, doing these two crafts should be some sort of ceremonial rite of passage into the crafting world. But, whatever. They are done and overdone because people love them so much. And I do, too!

1. Mod Podge Canvas Art

I already showed you the quote canvas I made for my bathroom in a previous post, and this is quite similar. Not a full quote, but I'm giving myself far too much credit and calling it "artsy" (an insult to all genuine artistic pieces everywhere, I know). 


This is my feeble attempt at an homage to 1 Corinthians 13:13 ("And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.") and it makes a lovely addition to my living room decor! Cricut cut the scrapbook paper, Sure Cuts a Lot made the font possible, and Mod Podge made it art!

2. Mod Podge Chip Board Letters

The possibilities here are truly endless. I don't have any algorithm or mathematical formula to use to prove it, but the alphabet letters and scrapbook paper combinations alone could keep you busy crafting with Mod Podge for a good long time. Here's how I did mine, which I have proudly displayed in my bedroom. Four different black and white scrapbook paper variations Mod Podged on to chip board letters that spell out my name. 





Even with these four letters, I'm far from sated in my love for them. When I move out of my apartment and into my much more spacious abode, I'll be on the look out for aesthetic ways to integrate new ones for sure.


---

I apologize that today's projects aren't the most exciting, but I hope you like the concept. And if you promise to come back again I guarantee to make next week's Mod Podge Monday project worth your while! Have a good week everyone!



No comments: