Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Feature: A Few of My Favorite Things

It's that time again! I'm here to wrap up the workweek by highlighting a few of my favorite things. Oh, the excitement is palpable. I can tell....

1. Apothecary Jars




These are pretty fantastic, such great looking accent pieces and so incredibly versatile. Best I can tell, they are becoming pretty popular in the realm of holiday decor and at wedding receptions, and it's not too hard to see why! But they also can be used for the everyday, too. If I ever possess enough bottles of nail polish to warrant it, I'll definitely have this in my bathroom.


Who knows though? Even cotton balls and q-tips could take on a classier air if stored in these.

2. Baked to Perfection


This clever little craft is so popular it's practically a Pinterest plague (I hope you appreciated the alliteration in that sentence!) I have to admit, I'm somewhat skeptical until I try it myself, but supposedly it's as simple as decorate, bake, and enjoy. You simply write your message in a sharpie on a dollar store dish, bake in the oven for thirty minutes (...I have yet to find a temperature specification...), and then your message should be set in stoneware! Truth be told, I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination, but cooking up some cutesy dishes sounds well within my even my limited capabilities.

3. Dazzling DIY Dry-Erase Boards

The first time I saw this brilliant idea I felt like a complete moron for never having thought of it myself. Just so ridiculously easy, inexpensive, and just plain cool (for lack of a more eloquent phrase...)






Take a frame, insert pretty paper, and make it anything of your choosing! A to-do list, a calendar, anything! And you can even stick them to your fridge with the help of a little magnetic tape. Fantastic.

4. Quotable Canvas Art



Spoiler alert: I am going to make these in the very near future. Because they are awesome. The process eluded me for some time. Turns out, there's more than one way to get it done. You can either use small wooden letters Mod Podged to canvas and spray paint the whole thing white. Or if you--like so many out there--are not a fan of the limited selection of fonts in which wooden letters are available from your local craft store, you can use puffy paint and trace out your quote in whatever font you like!


I think these are so simple and classy and I have every confidence that they'll make a lovely addition to my mantle in my new home!

5. Memorable Monograms

You know me and my photo fixation. So, of course, I love these, too!



 Black and white photo collage on an over-sized initial? Yes, please. Absolutely love it.

---

Alrighty everyone, I'm signing off for now. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!


No comments: