Monday, June 4, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

I would like to wrap up this weekend by posting just a little something I whipped up! Now I have absolutely no pretenses whatsoever about this being an impressive craft, but regardless I figured I'd share. It's just a little something I made to commemorate my first Braves game with the boyfriend. I used almost exclusively things I already had on hand, but I did take advantage of the opportunity to use my brand spankin' new Cricut for the first time. Just couldn't resist!


I started with a canvas panel and painted it with navy acrylic paint. I had some washers from the hardware store in various sizes and arranged them in the shape of the famous Braves emblem. That super cool baseball scrapbook paper was in a variety pack from the Hobby Lobby clearance aisle and I knew I wanted to use it, too.


I spray painted the washers.....


....and glued them down with some craft glue, a tedious process indeed. After that I added pictures, some baseball-themed embellishments, a clipping from our program, and as a final touch: some lettering from my Cricut!


Here's the final product. As I said, nothing particularly fancy or Pinterest-worthy, but I think my baseball fan likes it and I'm happy with how it turned out--it's something a little more special than just a scrapbook page by itself, a creative memory for us to have. And who knows... maybe the Braves will make it to the World Series this season? Here's hoping!


No comments: